Tuesday 7 June 2011

What is this all about?

I assume that since you made it to this site that you have some amount of desire to be an MD. Congratulations for making it here because I have the 20/20 hindsite that you can benefit from. Whether you are in high school, university or past all that and still struggling I can help you. This is not the kind of site where you will get hugs and peer support nor is it the site where you have to doubt the sincerity. This is the place where you can get the down and dirty truth. It may not be pretty but you’ve got to realise that sometime and now is better then later. I will go through all of our trials and tribulations in a true Jekyl and Hyde manner so as to inform and entertain at the same time.


Who the hell am I?

Sex: XX
Age: 24
Degree: University of Alberta BSc in Immunology and Infection
Hometown: Calgary
Interests: Travel, hockey, music, snowboarding.


Why should you listen to me?

Well, over the years I have probably read every website about medical school in Canada, asked every question that could be asked of friends in med, read every how to book from Amazon and read every blog and website that I could find. I feel that now, after four years of applications mind you, I have fine tuned and perfected my knowledge of what it takes to get into medical school in Canada and have succeeded! The perfect person to teach you how to do something is someone who has done it before. A lot of people claim to know how to do something but until they themselves have been through all the nooks and crannies of the process in my mind they have no credibility. Unfortunately for me and maybe fortunately for you, the process of learning how to do this has made me cynical, sarcastic and somewhat angry making my writing quite interesting.


My Promise to you

Absolutly no BS.

- Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment